Aftermarket Wheels?

Forums Third Party Products and Services Aftermarket Wheels?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brock Nanson 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Dan Bowditch
    Participant

@Stephen, thanks for the feedback on the WRG3’s. This jives with posts I’ve read on TMC. I have RWD. I could go with R2’s for winter but I really want to try running a year-round all weather tire, clean up my 21″ wheels and maybe sell them (summer Continental tires are just about done, although surprised they’ve lasted nearly 40,000 Km). I think the 21’s look better but the tire wear, road rash, range impacts and potential pothole damage make the 19’s look more attractive all the time. Maybe the new turbine 19’s from Tesla will look better than the original 19’s.

Brock Nanson

Stephen, thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that in the next few weeks as I’m tentatively scheduling a trip to Seattle in early April… going over the border at Sumas, so you’d be close by.

I went into a tire shop I’ve never been to before, this afternoon, and found out they sell Niche rims. Pricing isn’t too bad at $300-$400 for cast wheels. Niche also makes forged wheels, but put a ‘1’ in front of the previous numbers…

Anyway, turns out one of the local guys with the dark 21 turbines picked up these in ‘Anthracite’ as his winter wheels. The turbines were in the shop getting new rubber so I was able to have a look. I’m surprised at just how flat and grey they really are! The anthracite is also dark, but seems to have more depth. The owner is expected in tomorrow to do the swap, so I may get the chance to see the Niche Misano’s in the flesh.

Dan, I pondered the new stock 19’s, but they’re apparently only available (so far at least) in the bright finish. I want to go dark for my second set, so will likely give them a miss. I’m seriously thinking that 20″ may be the trick for summer treads. I like the look of the 21’s but don’t really need the grief or the price tag. Speaking with the tire story guys, the 20″ tires are a little more expensive than the 19’s, but significantly less than the 21’s. And seem to wear better too. Seems like a decent compromise.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.