A summary from the Tesla update on January 12, 2017.
Only applies to Model S and X ordered after January 15, 2017.
- 400 kWh (~1,000 miles) of Supercharger credits are awarded annually (no rollover)
- In North America, pricing is fixed within each state or province (include taxes/fees)
- Two tiers to account for changes in charging speeds, called “Tier 1” and “Tier 2”.
- Tier 1 applies while cars are charging at or below 60 kW (note: rate of charge)
- Tier 2 applies while cars are charging above 60 kW (note: rate of charge).
- Tier 1 also applies anytime your vehicle is sharing Supercharger power with another car (paired A/B)
Canada Supercharger pricing information is per minute. Tesla will try and work with regulators to change this to the preferred per kWh method.
|Alberta||$ 0.12||$ 0.24|
Note: Tier 1 is half the cost of Tier 2.
USA Samples for West Coast Travellers:
Washington: $0.11 per kWh
Oregon: $0.12 per kWh
California: $0.20 per kWh
More details here.